Blood-Stained Soul By Kyle Emmerson Ranma 1/2 and all of its characters and situations are the creation and property of Rumiko Takahashi. I use these characters and situations without permission. Some concepts also borrowed from 'Blood Legacy: The Story of Ryan' by Top Cow Comics. Thanks guys! Prologue: Between Summer and Winter **** The cityscape of Hong Kong lay before her, an urban testament to the success of the Chinese city. And on the forty-fifth floor of one of the grandest hotels ever to grace the earth, Ukyou Kuonji found herself highly disappointed by the view. "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned," she spoke, ever so silently. If there was an answer, she never received it. Or maybe the blood all around her was far too thick to have made any difference. The blood of wealthy businessmen, high priced prostitutes and crime bosses. All evil blood. Blood that nothing holy could ever penetrate. And then there was Ukyou herself. She stepped on onto the ledge of the outer balcony. The wind blowing through her ancient, grey hair. The sun reflecting off of her dry, wrinkled skin. Her torn and blood-spattered clothing flapped with the breeze. If she jumped now, it would make things easier. Far easier for her mentally, but too many questions would have risen afterwards. No. It would be better to wait for it. Counting down mentally, she ignored the mass of corpses behind her. After this, it would be over. The bomb would explode, erasing all evidence of her ever being there, and the short flight she would experience could be vastly exhilarating. Ten seconds. Hopefully it wouldn't harm any innocents in the floors below. Eight seconds. She hoped the city could be prepared. She came here to escape from Japan. From the source that started it all. The source that called her a friend, and then made her life take a drastic turn. Five seconds. Ukyou closed her eyes. Fifty years... a long time. A long period of self-loathing. A period of time she found herself hating more and more. Three seconds. Perhaps in the next life things would be different. She could spend it being a real human being, instead of the tormented soul she was now. Two seconds. She heard the audible click from behind her. She opened her eyes in shock as she realized she was two seconds off. Oh well. Not to worry. Same outcome. The bomb exploded with a such a force as Ukyou had never seen. It pushed her from behind, sending her flying over the cityscape. Easily one of the tallest building in the area, Ukyou found herself counting the buildings pass underneath her. One block. Two. The burns she received from the bomb explosion didn't bother her as she continued to count the building. Three blocks. She never made it past the fourth block. Instead, she hit the side of the grey stucco building with great force. Had she still been alive to see it, she would have noticed the impact crater she had left on the side as she hurtled towards the ground, nearly thirty stories below. With a crash, Ukyou landed on the roof of a Volkswagen, crushing both the car, and the single occupant inside. The occupant survived it with minimal damage. A broken back, but due to the incredible medical technology in the year 2046, it hardly mattered. And so Ukyou Kuonji was dead, and she dreamt. She would not remain dead for long. **** Okay, you may be wondering about this one... I got it from a comic book series (of which I've only read the first issue) called 'Blood Legacy: The Story of Ryan'. I found myself thoroughly captivated by this comic, and that's where the inspiration for this came from. Call it a fusion if you wish, but I'll be taking it in a different direction. (As far as I know. *shrug*)